★ “EAT THE PAIR” is a challenging yet addicting concentration memory matching game app for locals and tourist. It has been designed to teach Danish traditional food and support local business, especially now during COVID19. Playing this matching game will help the players:
- To improve their knowledge of different type of meals like Smørrebrød and Wienerbrød.
- To get a discount in a local bakery or restaurant.
★ PROJECT has been created by Elena Jiménez Romero, creative director, and technically suported by HackYourFuture Copenhagen, a non-profit coding school for disadvantaged groups. Liudmyla (Lucy) Chyzhova, frontend developer – UX/UI designer.
A PROTOTYPE is under development and we are looking forward to complete the APP and test it in the market.
- Entertain potential customers at the local business.
- Educate customer by showing ingredients of traditional food.
- Play to get a prize (i.e. discounts)
- Promote local touristic businesses and Denmark by displaying advertisement banners.
★ WATCH THE VIDEO TO DISCOVER THE GAME!
- DID YOU KNOW…
- Smørrebrød (originally smør og brød, “butter and bread”) is a traditional Scandinavian open-faced sandwich that usually consists of a piece of buttered rye bread (rugbrød), a dense, dark brown bread, topped with commercial or homemade cold cuts, pieces of meat or fish, cheese or spreads, and garnishes. | Source: wikipedia
- In Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish, the term for Danish pastry is wienerbrød (or wienerbröd), meaning “Viennese bread”. A Danish pastry is a multilayered, laminated sweet pastry in the viennoiserie tradition. The concept was brought to Denmark by Austrian bakers, and has since developed into a Danish specialty. | Source: wikipedia