PEACH PEAR CAKE // Maruja & Eila
GRANDMA: Maruja & GRANDCHILD: Eila.
LOCATION: Vigo – Spain.
- INGREDIENTS: Plant-based recipe💚
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry (store-bought or homemade)
Maruja’s note: The shortcrust pastry could be either store-bought or homemade. At home we buy the shortcrust pastry since long time, practical reason.
125g. grated almonds
2 tablespoons of flour
1 shot glass of kirst (optional)
Maruja’s note: Replace by brandy or herbs, to taste.
2 pears (medium size)
Maruja’s note: conference pears are the ones we like. Jam , pear sauce or cakes are delicious with these kind of pear. Easy to find everywhere.
2 or 3 peaches in sugar syrup
A splash of water (optional)
150g. pear or peach jam (store-bought or homemade)
Maruja’s note: At home we always have yummy homemade jam.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 º C. Cover the round cake pan with baking paper.
2. Extend one sheet of shortcrust pastry with floured rolling pin. Cover the round cake pan with the shortcrust pastry.
3. Prick the shortcrust pastry surface arbitrarily with a fork. Bake it around 15 minutes. Remove the baked tart crust.
4. In a large bowl cream together the butter and half of the sugar until light and fluffy.
8. Peel the pears, remove the heart and cut into slices.
9. Cut into slices the peaches as well.
10. Lay out the slices of tinned peach and pear across the base of a round cake pan.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes approx. until the cream filling is well done.
12. Remove from the oven. Leave to cool for a bit. Brush homemade jam on the top of the cake. Our bit liquid homemade jam is the perfect texture to brush.
Maruja’s note: if this is not the case, you can put two tablespoons of jam and a splash of water into a pan, melted together until liquid texture. Ready to brush the cake easily.
13. Ideal cake for an afternoon tea with friends ;).
!! Join us on our mission to keep alive culinary heritage !!
👉🏼 Call to action: SUMIT YOUR FAMILY RECIPE 🙌