05 Sep PEAR CINNAMON VEGAN CAKE
Recipe + design by Sita & Nena
PEAR CINNAMON VEGAN CAKE
Our note: We love baking our delicious pear cinnamon vegan cake, ideal for autumn days!
- INGREDIENTS *vegan recipe
Our note: following the cups method for measurement units, we discovered that the volume of the cup is always the key, you don´t have to weigh the ingredients. A cup has the same volume of ingredients (liquid or dry) as a glass or a mug.
1 and ½ cups wheat flour (plain or all-purpose)
3/4 cup panela sugar or unrefined cane sugar
½ cup chunks of pear
Our note: apples instead of pears. It works perfectly well.
1 and ½ tsp ground cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
¼ cup pear compote
Our note: apple compote instead of pear compote. It works perfectly well.
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (any non-diary milk)
6 tablespoons veggie oil (any neutral flavored)
Our note: sunflower oil is a perfect choice for cakes.
- RECIPE STEP BY STEP
Our note: well, standard dimensions for bread and loaf pans start at 8 ½ by 4 ½ inches. It´s the perfect size for that amount of ingredients. If you multiply the amount by the number of times that you want, you will get a bigger cake. You have tons of different sizes of baking pan depends on the final amount.
2. Wash and peel the pears. Cut into chunks (the size is up to you).
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, chunks of pear, ground cinnamon and salt. Mix it well with a wooden spoon.
Our note: we always sift the flour for muffins and cakes. Sifting helps to combine the flour with any dry ingredients.
4. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl: almond milk, pear compote, red wine and veggie oil until well mixed.
Our note: Homemade pear compote (chunks of conference pear, cinnamon stick and panela sugar) is so easy, moreover you just need a bit of compota for this cake.
5. Pour the wet mix into the dry bowl. Mix everything slowly with a wooden spoon.
6. Cover with pear compote the bottom of bread pan. Pour the mix into the bread pan, arrange the pear slices around the cake decoratively and sprinkle sugar on the top.
7. Bake for it around 40 minutes, until browned.
Our note: Don´t open the oven, you can always leave the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
8. Remove the bread pan from oven. Leave it to cool for a while. Carefully, peel off the paper and cool a bit on a wire rack.
9. Serve as is or with a scoop of vegan ice cream, vanilla flavor or vegan source cream or vegan custard.
YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY…
The pear (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is any of several tree and shrub species of genus Pyrus, in the family Rosaceae. It is also the name of the pomaceous fruit of the trees.
The pear is native to coastal and mildly temperate regions of the Old World, from western Europe and north Africa east right across Asia.
Pears have been cultivated in China for approximately 3000 years. The pear was also cultivated by the Romans, who ate the fruits raw or cooked, just like apples. The Roman cookbook De re coquinaria has a recipe for a spiced, stewed-pear patina, or soufflé.
- Vegan cakes + 4 recipes / vegan
- Pumpkin walnuts vegan cake / vegan
- Carrot vegan cake / vegan
RELATED COOKING BLOG
A menu of creative and healthy recipes has been prepared for each month of the year. Are you ready? Cosericantar blog makes it a piece of cake with lots of homemade recipes (vegan option included) and special menus (Halloween and Easter). Mix and match recipes as you wish for your everyday meals!