04 Feb RICE PUDDING / VEGAN FRIENDLY (SWEET – DESSERTS)
Recipe + design by Sita & Nena.
Our note: At home, we love it! No one can resist it… Give your body joy, rice pudding. Hey rice pudding!
- INGREDIENTS *vegan option
200gr caster sugar /*panela sugar or unrefined cane sugar
1 litre of whole milk /*almond milk or coconut milk (any non-diary milk)
75gr short grain white rice
Our note: Usually we use paella rice, but you can use as well another kind of rice. Pay attention to the boil times of the rice, it will be different depends on the kind of rice.
1 cinnamon stick
1 lemon rind
Cinnamon powder, to sprinkle
- RECIPE STEP BY STEP
1. Put the milk, cinnamon slick and lemon rind in a saucepan and warm gently.
Our note: Wash and rub well the rice under the tap.
2. Wait until the mix liquid begin to boil and add the rice. Leave it to simmer, as slowly as you can, during one hour in total. Be sure to stir occasionally.
3. After 30 minutes, add the sugar. Stir often the rice with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking on the bottom of the saucepan. Then, the rice with suggar will take about 25-35 minutes.
Our note: Try it before removing it, the grain should be well tender.
4. Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks. Pour it into small bowls or big bowl and let rest a little.
5. Serve cold or at ambient temperature. Sprinkle cinnamon podwer on top, to taste.
Our note: You can pour liquid caramel on the top instead of sprinkling cinnamon powder.
YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY…
Rice puddings (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) are found in nearly every area of the world. Recipes can greatly vary even within a single country. Different types of pudding vary depending on preparation methods and the ingredients selected. The following ingredients are usually found in rice puddings:
– Rice; white rice (usually short grain, but can also be long grain, basmati, or jasmine rice), brown rice, black rice.
– Milk (whole milk, coconut milk, cream or evaporated).
– Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc.)
– Flavorings (lemon, vanilla, orange, pistachio, rose water, etc.)
– Sweetener (sugar, brown sugar, honey, sweetened condensed milk, fruit or syrups).
¨Arroz con leche¨ (rice with milk) is the Spanish and Hispanic American type of rice pudding.
- Frushi: fruit sushi and rice pudding / vegan friendly (sweet – desserts)
- World Fruits and Veggies Day (celebration – healthy habits)
- Lemon olive oil Spanish madeleines / vegan friendly (sweet – muffins)
- Traditional cakes + 2 recipes / vegan friendly (celebration – family recipes)
RELATED COOKING BLOG
A menu of creative and healthy recipes has been prepared for each month of the year. Are you ready? Cosericantar blog makes it a piece of cake with lots of homemade recipes (vegan option included) and special menus (Halloween and Easter). Mix and match recipes as you wish for your everyday meals!
Tags: homecooking, recipe ideas, kids, vegan friendly, foodies, savoury recipes, sweet recipes, menus, tapas, soups, cakes, desserts, drinks.