SEASONAL VEGGIE SOUP WITH HOMEMADE CROUTONS
❄️🌱🍲 Grandma Sita’s hearty vegetable soup with homemade croutons will warm your body and soul during the cold season of the year.
♻️ Grandma Sita is a big fan of homemade croutons from leftover bread. Mix and match a variety of bread for a deliciously crunchy topping for this delicious soup. Grandma Sita’s sustainable cuisine is always tasty and cooked from scratch with lots of love. 💚
1 small white cabbage, chopped
2 small white onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 small ginger root, chopped
1 bunch of kale, chopped
2 cups of red lentils
1 can of chickpeas
300g. baby potatoes
2 tablespoon veggie oil, to sauté
pinch of chili flakes (optional)
1 tsp. ground cumin
3 tsp. curry powder
pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash all vegetables well. Chop kale, cabbage, onions, ginger, and garlic. Rinse the baby potatoes and then cut them all in half. Rinse the lentils under cold water.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a pot. Sauté onions and garlic until transparent.
3. Add ginger and baby potatoes as well as chopped kale and cabbage. Add the spices and stir well. Cook for several minutes.
4. Then cover the veggies with water, add the red lentils and chickpeas, and stir for a while.
5. Cook for approx. 20 minutes. Add salt, and pepper and cook for 10 more minutes.
6. Serve the soup warm topping with homemade croutons. Squeeze lime on your soup (optional) plate and Bon appetite!
DID YOU KNOW?
From December to February, Danish seasonal produce includes apples, cabbage, kale, onions, and all kind of root vegetables like carrots, beetroot, and potatoes. 🥕🍎🚜 Benefits of using seasonal and local produce include: reducing food waste, saving resources, improving food quality and healthy habits as well as boosting the local economy.