27 Oct “KEEP CALM IS SIESTA TIME” / QUOTE
Photography by Merychaparrita. / Design by Sita & Nena.
YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY…
- ARTICLE: Taking a Nap Could Make You More Creative. Words by Eli Hill, Artsy.
- Siesta (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is a short nap taken in the early afternoon, often after the midday meal. The word siesta of the Spanish language derives originally from the Latin word hora sexta “sixth hour” (counting from dawn, hence “midday rest”). The siesta is historically common throughout the Mediterranean and Southern Europe. It is the traditional daytime sleep of Spain and, through Spanish influence, the Philippines, and many Hispanic American countries.
- The siesta habit has been associated with a 37 percent reduction in coronary mortality, possibly due to reduced cardiovascular stress mediated by daytime sleep. In the United States, the United Kingdom, and a growing number of other countries, a short sleep has been referred to as a “power nap”, a term coined by Cornell University social psychologist James Maas and recognized by other research scientists such as Sara Mednick as well as in the popular press.
- ¨Keep Calm and Carry On¨ (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for the Second World War. The poster was intended to raise the morale of the British public, threatened with widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities.
- Although 2.45 million copies were printed, and although the Blitz did in fact take place, the poster was hardly ever publicly displayed and was little known until a copy was rediscovered in 2000 at Barter Books, a bookshop in Alnwick. It has since been re-issued by a number of private companies, and has been used as the decorative theme for a range of products. As the popularity of the poster in various media has grown, innumerable parodies, imitations and co-optations have also appeared, making it a notable meme. Messages range from the cute to the overtly political, typically with references to other aspects of popular culture.
A menu of creative and healthy recipes has been prepared for each month of the year. Are you ready? Cosericantar cooking blog makes it a piece of cake with lots of homemade vegan friendly recipes and special menus (Halloween and Easter). Mix and match recipes as you wish for your everyday meals!