STUFFED SQUID // Maria & Katrina
GRANDMA: Maria & GRANDCHILD: Katrina.
LOCATION: Santoña – Spain.
6 small squid
Olive oil or vegetable oil
1. Wash and clean well the squid, separate heads from the bodies and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, boil the eggs. Once the eggs are done, set aside. Chop the onions, set aside.
María’s note: You can chop the onion in cubes or slices, whatever works well for you.
3. Put the onions into a pan with oil. Once the onions are transparent, add the head of squid and stir well everything.
4. Meanwhile peel the boiled eggs and chop them. Add the chopped eggs into the pan. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper.
5. Keep the mixture for a while, stir well and set aside.
6. Stuff each body with each head plus the mixture – squid, onion and egg.
María’s note: Use a teaspoon to stuff the squid with the mixture, it helps a lot.
7. Before frying, stick a small wood stick to avoid filling out.
8. Dip in batter the stuffed squid. Heat the olive oil in a pot. Deep fry them, until golden brown for each side.
9. Remove from pan and drain with kitchen towels.
!! Join us on our mission to keep alive culinary heritage !!
👉🏼 Call to action: SUMIT YOUR FAMILY RECIPE 🙌