Globally, approximately one-third of all food produced for human consumption in the world is lost or wasted each year (FAO).
Food waste is one of the most urgent sustainability challenges in Denmark. The time has come to shape the green transition in a socially responsible manner.
Unfortunately, in recent years consumers are not entirely aware of the fact, that every product we save from waste, has a positive impact on our climate.
Want to learn about how you can cut down on food waste at home? Grandma Sita is delighted to share her know-how about sustainable food culture, helpful tips to prevent and avoid food waste, and overall how to make conscious consumption number one priority in every household.
Our friendly workshops are designed to learn how to cook from scrach plant-based meals with food surplus, reuse leftovers, and eat together while working for a greater cause: fighting against food waste!
Grandma Sita’s focus on learning-through-play aims to practice responsible consumption patterns in a delicious fun way, while inspiring local action.
📗KNOWLEDGE ♻️ZERO-WASTE 💡CREATIVITY 🌱PLANT-BASED 😊COMMUNITY 🌏IMPACT
Grandma Sita is delightful sharing her know-how about which veggies, fruits and berries are on season, giving helpful tips to fight food waste and cooking delicious child-friendly plant-base meals from food surplus, collected by our food-waste partners.
Grandma Sita has the pleasure of hosting cooking events for the families at Forældrenes Børneklub, where the kids played the main role 🙂
- Grandma Sita, like all grandmothers, is a master at creating new dishes made with leftovers! We turned leftover bread into tasty breakies = brea(d) + (coo)kies, one of our original plant-based creations🌱🍞🍪
- Grandma Sita showed kids which veggies, fruits & berries are available in spring season. We tossed raw veggies and fruits to make a delicious salad 🥗
- Grandma Sita took part in ‘Biodiversity at children’s level workshops: insect hotels and edible flowers’ making delicious child-friendly dishes. She loves to support these kind of local green initiatives 💚
Our friendly workshops are designed to learn how to IMPROV COOKING with food surplus collected by our partners, reuse leftovers, and EAT TOGETHER while working for a greater cause: fighting against food waste!
Step up an Stand up! Local Climate Actions across Europe supported by Youth and Environment Europe (YEE), Council of Europe and European Youth. Read more about Step up an Stand up!
- ♻️ Together against food waste | Denmark 🇩🇰
United Nations Youth Association of Denmark, Copenhagen were able to carry out a campaign focusing on one of the most urgent sustainability challenges in Denmark – food waste. They combined the online campaign with an in-person workshop hosted by Grandma Sita 🤗 We offer these sustainable options that may vary depending on the food supplier. Raw ingredients are incl. in the price.
Menu: salads, fake broccoli couscous, fake grated potato risotto and banana vegan cake.
New to vegan baking? Come and learn the tricks behind Grandma Sita’ successful homestyle vegan cakes. Because our simple and easy recipes minimize sugar, use no additives and always emphasize the taste with tons of love 💚 Furthermore, Grandma Sita bakes with ingredients that are available in everyone’s kitchen – except from Kaffibre by Kaffe Bueno. Be inspired to promote sweet experiences that are good for your health and the planet.
We offer following vegan cakes that may vary depending on the food supplus, collected weekly by our partners – except Kaffe Bueno. Ingredients are incl. in the workshop.
- KAFFE BUENO CAKE ☕♻️ made with Kaffe Bueno’s upcycled coffee-derived fibre “Kaffibre”.
- APPLE CAKE 🍎
- CARROT CAKE 🥕
- BANANA CAKE 🍌
- CHOCOLATE & BERRIES CAKE 🍒🍫
Did you know that the first guest at a celebration is the cake? Grandma Sita is always happy to bring her irresistible vegan cakes for good reason. We have already taken part in a number of initiatives aimed at building a greener future: Green Impact Week, CHESS – Creative Intrapreneurship Empowerment Skills, One Bowl – community restaurant and DISIE – co-working space. Can’t wait for the next event!
- DID YOU KNOW…
💚 Sustainable diets are defined as those diets with low environmental impact that contribute to food and nutritional security and to healthy lives for present and future generations.
- 🌱 A plant-based diet avoids or has limited animal products, but it is not necessarily vegan. Plant-based foods derive from plants including vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, legumes and fruits.
- 🛒 Food rescue is the practice of gleaning edible food that would otherwise go to waste from places such as grocery stores, bakeries or supermarkets, and distributing it to local food programs.
- ♻️ Upcycled foods are made from ingredients that would otherwise have ended up in a food waste destination such as incinerators, food for animals or buried in landfill sites, among others.
🏢 DISIE, Enghavevej 80C 3rd floor, 2450 Copenhagen