10 Jun WORLD TAPAS DAY + 4 RECIPES / VEGAN FRIENDLY (CELEBRATION – GASTRONOMY)
JUNE 15TH, WE CELEBRATE… World Tapas Day! What delicious home cooking ideas! Yeah, let’s cook tapas!
Recipes + design by Sita & Nena.
- Pisto Manchego (Spanish ratatouille) with quinoa / vegan (savoury – tapas)
- Fried Padrón chili peppers / vegan (savoury – tapas)
- Chorizo rustic buns / vegan friendly (savoury – tapas)
- Beetroot cold soup / vegan (savoury – tapas)
YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY…
World Tapas Day by Tasting Spain. Discover the flavours of its geography, under the guidance of international chefs. A journey that will leave you with a good taste in your mouth; a different way to discover Spain, enjoying every break intensely. Tasting Spain helps you to discover Spanish cuisine.
- Tapa (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) The word “tapas” is derived from the Spanish verb tapar, “to cover”, a cognate of the English top. Before the 19th century, European roads were in bad condition. Some were originally old Roman roads (viae romanae); some were trails dating from the Middle Ages. Travelling was slow and exhausting. Most people could not read or write, and Spain was no exception. Inns, called posadas, albergues, or bodegas, grew up along the roads, offering meals and rooms, plus fresh horses for travellers. Since few innkeepers could write and few travellers read, inns offered their guests a sample of the dishes available, on a “tapa” (the word for pot cover in Spanish). In fact, a “tapa” was (and still is) a small portion of any kind of Spanish cuisine.
- Original cuptapas + 4 recipes / vegan friendly (savoury – tapas)
- Keep calm is siesta time (sleep – healthy habits)
- Traditional tapas + 2 recipes / vegan friendly (celebration – family recipes)
- Windmills of La Mancha / Spain (travel – Don Quixote route)
RELATED COOKING BLOG
A menu of creative and healthy recipes has been prepared for each month of the year. Are you ready? Cosericantar blog makes it a piece of cake with lots of homemade recipes (vegan option included) and special menus (Halloween and Easter). Mix and match recipes as you wish for your everyday meals!