11 Jun red wine Cherry vegan cake (SWEET RECIPES – CAKES)
Recipe + food stylist + design by Sita & Nena
RED WINE CHERRY VEGAN CAKE
Our note: Here is tasty red wine cherry cake, one of our vegan sweet creations by cooking a traditional recipe: red wine cake and adding something new, seasonal fruits: fresh cherries. Enjoy the flavours of summertime!
- INGREDIENTS *vegan recipe
Our note: following the cups method for measurement units, we discovered that the volume of the cup is always the key, you don´t have to weigh the ingredients. A cup has the same volume of ingredients (liquid or dry) as a glass or a mug.
1 and ½ cups wheat flour (plain or all-purpose)
1 cup panela sugar or unrefined cane sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
½ cup ripe cherries
Our note: strawberries instead of cherries, this cake tastes amazing too.
¾ cup red wine
6 tablespoons veggie oil (any neutral flavored)
Our note: sunflower oil is a perfect choice for cakes.
¼ cup cherry or strawberry jam
- RECIPE STEP BY STEP
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: sifted flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt until well mixed. Mix it well with a wooden spoon.
5. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl: red wine, cherry jam and veggie oil until well mixed.
6. Pour the wet mix into the dry bowl. Mix everything slowly with a wooden spoon.
7. Pour the mix into the baking pan. Add randomly the slices of cherries with sugar on the top.
Our note: Don´t open the oven, you can always leave the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
9. Remove the bread pan from oven. Leave it to cool for a while. Carefully, peel off the paper and cool a bit on a wire rack.
YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY…
The origins of wine (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) predate written records, and modern archaeology is still uncertain about the details of the first cultivation of wild grapevines. It has been hypothesized that early humans climbed trees to pick berries, liked their sugary flavor, and then begun collecting them. After a few days with fermentation setting in, juice at the bottom of any container would begin producing low-alcohol wine. According to this theory, things changed around 10.000-8000 BC with the transition from a nomadic to a sedentism style of living, which led to agriculture and wine domestication.
Archaeological evidence has established the earliest-known production of wine from fermenting grapes during the late Neolithic site of Hajji Firuz in the northern Zagros Mountains or early Chalcolithic in the northern edge of the Middle East.
- Banana vanilla vegan cake (sweet recipes – cakes)
- Peach pear cake (sweet recipes – cakes)
- Frushi: rice pudding and fruit sushi (sweet recipes – desserts)
RELATED COOKING BLOG
A menu of creative and healthy recipes has been prepared for each month of the year. Are you ready? Cosericantar blog makes it a piece of cake with lots of homemade recipes (vegan option included) and special menus (Halloween and Easter). Mix and match recipes as you wish for your everyday meals!
Tags: homecooking, recipe ideas, kids, vegan friendly, foodies, savoury recipes, sweet recipes, menus, tapas, soups, cakes, desserts, drinks.