We all started somewhere. For us, this was a paid tribute to Elena’s beloved grandmother Rosita. That’s why our name is Grandma Sita, short for Rosita.
From early childhood, Elena spent long time with her grandmother, who taught her about the importance of seasonal eating and generally the true value of food.
Unfortunately, in recent years consumers are not entirely aware of the fact, that every product we save from waste, has a positive impact on our climate.
An emotional motivation as well that seeks to recover the shared time between different generations, through the love for homemade food and promoting healthy and sustainable habits.
WHO IS GRANDMA SITA?
Grandma Sita is an unique puppet made from recycled materials. It has been designed by Elena Jiménez Romero and crafted by her mother, which means that Grandma Sita is 100% handmade with love ❤️
Grandma Sita is from Vigo in Galicia, North-Western Spain. Galicia is well-known for the traditional way of eating staple foods, called Southern European Atlantic Diet, and for having a Celtic heritage, nowadays alive by folklore, oral traditions, music and dance.
The way Grandma Sita and her generation have minimized their waste is very much about living a simple and minimalistic life.
Somehow our grandmothers become grand-influencers, creating positive impact in our lifestyle.
NEW TO DENMARK 🇩🇰
New to Denmark, Grandma Sita is happy to know more about Nordic Cuisine. First, she is learning which veggies, fruits and berries are available each season in Scandinavia. Wow, how tasty are Danish roots and berries!
Moreover, she is discovering Danish traditional cuisine thanks to Frøken Jensens Kogbog – Miss Jensen’s Cookbook, 1901. Remember, cookbooks are a great way to really get a taste on the cuisine of a country.
Grandma Sita Grandma Sita also spreads the word about whta’s going on the Danish Foodtech scene, supporting entrepreneurs and startups by promoting prducts, activities and projects. We’re always up for opportunities and collaborations. Let’s create a greener world together!
We invite you to find more about Grandma Sita’s “hyggelige” journey in Denmark full of good food, good people, good times!
- DID YOU KNOW…
♻️ Zero-waste lifestyle is about producing as little waste as possible, making some changes in daily live to produce less garbage by following the five principles bellow: Refuse – Say no to the things you do not need, Reduce – Cut down on what you need, Reuse – Use things that you can use over and over again, Recycle – It is a last resort, to send his things for recycling and Root – Compost what can be composted
🔬🚜🍽️FoodTech is an ecosystem made of all the agrifood entrepreneurs and startups from production to distribution. There are 6 categories of FoodTech:
- AgTech: startups disrupting agriculture. They come up with solutions to improve farming output and quality using drones, sensors and farm management software. AgTech is also about new farm products, next generation farms and urban farming
- Food Science: startups developing new ingredients and food products.
- Foodservice: startups reinventing the hospitality industry. They improve the way out-of-home businesses are managed today. They also create the conditions for the restaurant of the future with robotics and cloud kitchens.
- Consumer Tech: startups developing services and devices to help the consumer cook, identify the best foods for him and reach his personal goals
- Delivery: startups developing services to order and deliver groceries and meals.
- Supply Chain: startups developing solutions for the food supply chain and food retail industry, from digitalisation to automation.
🏢 DISIE, Enghavevej 80C 3rd floor, 2450 Copenhagen