🍞🥔 EGGLESS TORTILLA DE PATATAS // LEFTOVERS
EGGLESS TORTILLA DE PATATAS, one of our delicious plant-based creations by cooking a traditional recipe: tortilla de patatas (Spanish omelet) plus adding something new: cook it eggless with leftover bread. Grandma Sita’s sustainable cuisine, always tasty cooked from scratch with love 💚
2 large potatoes or 4 small potatoes
A quarter of an onion, to taste
A bunch of leftover bread (also called day-old, stale bread)
Olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
Salt, to taste
*Note: This is a recipe for a small size omelet.
1. Peel and chop the potatoes and the onion.
2. Mix chopped potatoes and onion into a bowl. Add salt, to taste.
3. Fry the potatoes and onion until soft. Remove with a skimmer and put into a strainer.
4. Put pieces of stale bread in water to soak.
5. Drain the bread, put it into the blender container, add some water and mix with a blender till obtain liquid texture similar to eggs beaten.
6. Add the liquid mixture of bread and water to the fried potatoes and onion. Mix everything together.
7. Put the mixture in a small hot pan with a splash of olive oil, wait a bit until it curdles and turn it over with a plate.
8.Slide the other side of the tortilla into the pan and wait a bit until it curdle. Turn again if it is necessary. Then the tortilla is ready to eat.
Our note: You can turn it as many times as you like, until the tortilla is well cooked.
9. Serve a piece of Spanish omelet or make a Spanish omelet sandwich. Both are delicious ways to eat Spanish omelet.
- DID YOU KNOW…
- The false tortilla de patatas (Spanish omelet) without eggs became popular because it was lean season during the Civil War in Spain, made with orange peels instead of potatoes was implemented. It was also done with a mixture of flour and water in place of eggs, but now it is part of the vegan Spanish cuisine. | wikipedia.org