10 May BANANA VANILLA VEGAN CAKE / RECIPE
Recipe + design by Sita & Nena.
BANANA VANILLA VEGAN CAKE
Our note: This is our incredibly tasty banana vegan cake. It is always super delicious, a good choice guaranteed success.
- INGREDIENTS *vegan recipe
Our note: following the cups method for measurement units, we discovered that the volume of the cup is always the key, you don´t have to weigh the ingredients. A cup has the same volume of ingredients (liquid or dry) as a glass or a mug.
1 and 1/2 cups wheat flour (plain or all-purpose)
3/4 cup panela sugar or unrefined cane sugar
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
A pich of salt
300g ripe bananas (4 medium approx.)
Our note: If you can use bananas from the Canary Islands in Spain, your cake will be much tastier, these Atlantic bananas have an unique flavour and aroma platanodecanarias.net
6 tablespoons veggie oil (any neutral flavored)
Our note: sunflower oil is a perfect choice for cakes.
2 tsp vanilla extract
- RECIPE STEP BY STEP
1. Preheat the oven to 180 º C. Oil and line the base and sides of a bread pan or square cake tin with baking parchment.
Our note: well, standard dimensions for bread and loaf pans start at 8 ½ by 4 ½ inches. It´s the perfect size for that amount of ingredients. If you multiply the amount by the number of times that you want, you will get a bigger cake. You have tons of different sizes of baking pan depends on the final amount.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, unrefined panela cane sugar, cacao nibs and salt until well mixed.
Our note: we always sift the flour for muffins and cakes. Sifting helps to combine the flour with any dry ingredients.
3. Peel and chop the bananas. Mash them with a fork or a blender until puree. Add veggie oil and vanilla extract. Combine wet ingredients so that the oil mixes with the banana puree.
Our note: you can use platains instead of bananas, you should add more sugar (to taste).
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry bowl. Mix everything slowly with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the mix into the bread pan. Arrange the banana slices around the cake decoratively.
6. Bake it around 40 minutes or until browned.
Our note: Don´t open the oven, you can always leave the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
7. Remove the bread pan from oven. Leave it to cool for a while. Carefully, peel off the paper and cool a bit on a wire rack. Drizzle some maple syrup over the cake, speacially over the banana slices (optional).
8. Serve as is or with a scoop of vegan ice cream, vanilla or chocolate flavor.
YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY…
Musaceae /Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia/ is a family of flowering plants composed of three genera with ca 91 known species, placed in the order Zingiberales.
The family is native to the tropics of Africa and Asia. The largest and most economically important genus in the family is Musa, famous for the banana and plantain. Cultivated bananas are commercially important members of the family, and many others are grown as ornamental plants.
Cosericantar cooking blog makes everyday meals a piece of cake with lots of homemade vegan friendly recipes and menus. Yummy ideas for little foodies 🙂