♻️☕️🤎 KAFFE BUENO VEGAN CAKE // UPCYCLED FOODS
Grandma Sita loves Kaffibre by Kaffe Bueno ♻️💚🇩🇰 Kaffibre is an upcycled fibre derived from spent coffee grounds. It is caffeine-free, low in fat, rich in proteins, insoluble dietary fibres, and potassium. Baking with coffee? Not really. To make Kaffibre, we extract the lipid fraction (fat) out of coffee grounds, then sterilise and mill them to match standard flour particle size.
Kaffibre flavour profile comprises of nutty and chocolate notes. Although it comes from coffee, its coffee taste is mostly gone along with the oil extracted priorly. So it’s perfect for our yummy plant-based OCAKE 👍🍰😉
Mmm time to bake our delicious creation by taking a recipe: chocolate vegan cake plus adding something new: 🌱☕️ Grandma Sita’s sustainable cuisine, always tasty cooked from scratch with love 💚
1/2 cup Kaffibre
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unrefined cane sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup fair trade chocolate chips
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 cup oatmeal drink (any veggie drink)
15 gr strawberry jam (any berry jam)
6 tablespoons veggie oil (any neutral flavored)
Our note: following the cups method for measurement units, we discovered that the volume of the cup is always the key, you don´t have to weigh the ingredients. A cup has the same volume of ingredients (liquid or dry) as a glass or a mug.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 º C. Oil and line the base and sides of a bread pan or square cake tin with baking parchment.
Our note: well, standard dimensions for bread and loaf pans start at 8 ½ by 4 ½ inches. It´s the perfect size for that amount of ingredients. If you multiply the amount by the number of times that you want, you will get a bigger cake. You have tons of different sizes of baking pan depends on the final amount.
2. Combine DRY ingredients in a bowl: Kaffe Bueno flour, all-purpose flour, unrefined cane sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well mixed. Mix it well with a wooden spoon.
Our note: we always sift the flour for muffins and cakes. Sifting helps to combine the flour with any dry ingredients.
3. Combine WET ingredients in a bowl: oatmeal drink, strawberry jam and veggie oil until well mixed.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry bowl. Mix everything slowly with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the mix into the baking pan.
6. Sprinkle sugar on the top. Bake for it around 35-40 minutes, until browned.
Our note: Don´t open the oven, you can always leave the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
7. Remove the bread pan from oven. Leave it to cool for a while. Carefully, peel off the paper and cool a bit on a wire rack.
8. Serve as is or with a scoop of vegan ice cream, vegan source cream or vegan custar, to taste.
- DID YOU KNOW…
Kaffe Bueno is an ingredients company using green chemistry and biotechnology to upcycle coffee’s post-consumption by-product into active and functional ingredients for cosmetics, nutraceuticals and functional foods 🧬☕️🔬
Our mission is to unlock coffee’s health potential where harmful emissions are minimized and coffee’s by-product usability is maximized.
By extending coffee’s economical life, we will be able to give back to the people we owe its existence; farmers.
Kaffe Bueno’s products: Personal care, food & beverage, nutraceuticals, coffee recycling service.
Our vision is to transform the way people perceive coffee; from looking at it as a tool to make it until the end of the day, to look at it as a magical bean with the potential of improving human health by using what lies inside it.