KAFFE BUENO VEGAN CAKE // SITA & NENA
OCAKE👍🍰😉 one of our delicious plant-based creations💚 by taking a traditional recipe: chocolate cake plus adding something new: baking it vegan with Kafflour®, gluten-free flour upcycled coffee flour by Kaffe Bueno. Kafflour® is rich in insoluble dietary fibres and protein, low in fat. Dm for more info ☕️♻️ kaffebueno.com
Grandma Sita and grandchild Nena intergenerational cuisine, possibly one of the best gastro-fusion, always tasty cooked from the scratch with love. Simply irresistible!
- INGREDIENTS: Plant-based recipe💚
1/2 cup KAFFLOUR, Gluten-free flour upcycled coffee flour.
1 and 1/2 cups wheat flour (plain or all-purpose)
3/4 cup panela sugar or unrefined cane sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
1 cup oatmeal drink
1/4 cup strawberry jam
2 tsp vanilla essence
6 tablespoons veggie oil (any neutral flavored)
Our note: following the cups method for measurement units, we discovered that the volume of the cup is always the key, you don´t have to weigh the ingredients. A cup has the same volume of ingredients (liquid or dry) as a glass or a mug.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 º C. Oil and line the base and sides of a bread pan or square cake tin with baking parchment.
Our note: well, standard dimensions for bread and loaf pans start at 8 ½ by 4 ½ inches. It´s the perfect size for that amount of ingredients. If you multiply the amount by the number of times that you want, you will get a bigger cake. You have tons of different sizes of baking pan depends on the final amount.
2. Combine DRY ingredients in a bowl: Kafflour, wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well mixed. Mix it well with a wooden spoon.
Our note: we always sift the flour for muffins and cakes. Sifting helps to combine the flour with any dry ingredients.
3. Combine WET ingredients in a bowl: oatmeal drink, strawberry jam, vanilla essence and veggie oil until well mixed.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry bowl. Mix everything slowly with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the mix into the baking pan.
6. Sprinkle sugar on the top. Bake for it around 35-40 minutes, until browned.
Our note: Don´t open the oven, you can always leave the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
7. Remove the bread pan from oven. Leave it to cool for a while. Carefully, peel off the paper and cool a bit on a wire rack.
8. Serve as is or with a scoop of vegan ice cream, vegan source cream or vegan custar, to taste.
- DID YOU KNOW…
Kaffe Bueno is an ingredients company using green chemistry and biotechnology to upcycle coffee’s post-consumption by-product into active and functional ingredients for cosmetics, nutraceuticals and functional foods 🧬☕️🔬 Unlocking Coffee’s Health Potential. Bueno for You, Good for All 🌎♻️
Our mission is to unlock coffee’s health potential where harmful emissions are minimised and coffee’s by-product usability is maximised.
By extending coffee’s economical life, we will be able to give back to the people we owe its existence; farmers.
Kaffe Bueno’s products: Kaffe Bueno recycling service, Kaffe Bueno oil®, Kafflour®, Kaffibre®.
Our vision is to transform the way people perceive coffee; from looking at it as a tool to make it until the end of the day, to look at it as a magical bean with the potential of improving human health by using what lies inside it.
Dm for more info: kaffebueno.com